Microsoft today announced the top teams from the 2022 Southeast Asia (SEA) New Market Competition of Imagine Cup, the company’s flagship technology challenge for students and young innovators.
Imagine Cup is Microsoft’s global student technology competition designed to empower students to apply cutting edge technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics to solve some of the world’s most critical social and sustainability problems. This competition year, participants from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Laos, Sri Lanka were eligible to apply for the SEA New Markets Regional Finals.
The 2022 SEA New Markets Regional Competition saw over 100 team entries from student innovators across the region competing to solve global challenges across four categories: Earth, Education, Health, and Lifestyle. From the teams who submitted projects, four teams from Sri Lanka were chosen to advance to the Imagine Cup World Finals in March 2022.
“Microsoft’s Imagine Cup aims to empower student developers around the globe to develop the next great technology solutions,” said Harsha Randeny, Country Manager, Microsoft Sri Lanka and Maldives. “We understand that today’s students are tomorrow’s entrepreneurs. They will also become technology decision makers. We want to invest in whatever we can to help them improve their future. Congratulations to all our Regional Finalists for their incredible projects and hard work.”
Team Alpha Squad lk and Team ESLE
Team Nana Shilpa and Team The Alter
These teams will each take home USD $1,000 cash prize and USD $1,000 Azure Grant to continue developing their projects, receive judge feedback, and automatically advance to the Imagine Cup World Finals.
Top 12 teams from the Southeast Asia New Markets Regional Finals will receive access to a pool of mentors to develop their solution further to increase the marketability of their products supporting it to enter to respective industries as a startup.
- The Alter, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka
- Code_Cracker19, Daffodil International University, Bangladesh
- DH Extreme IT, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka
- Nana Shilpa, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka
- MeasureMe, Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- TeamHeimerdinger, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- Team ELSE, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Team Exogenous, University of Colombo School of Computing, Sri Lanka
- SmartTravellerLK, National School of Business Management, Sri Lanka
- Alpha Squad LK, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka
- Team Code Clan, Informatics Institute of Technology, Sri Lanka
- SnakePal, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka
More than 2 million competitors from 163 countries have signed up for Microsoft’s global student technology competition to build something that matters to them, make a difference in their communities, and innovate for impact over the past 20 years.
For more information about Imagine Cup, please visit https://www.imaginecup.com/.